Professional Recovery Consultants has been serving utility clients since 1979. We provide services to public and privately held utility companies and cooperatives including electric, gas, telecommunications, water and wastewater. PRC provides utilities debt collection assistance with outstanding receivables from both consumers and businesses throughout all stages of delinquency, from first party cure programs to third party bad debt collection programs.
PRC understands the unique needs of our utility partners, and special circumstances that can affect recovery efforts including the Utility Commission, transfer accounts, fraud cases, and how capital credits can affect the collection of accounts for electric membership cooperatives.
In addition to traditional bad debt recovery services, PRC also provides:
- First-party receivables management prior to delinquency, or at delinquency, prior to charge off
- Primary, secondary, tertiary, and warehoused bad debt collections for consumer and commercial accounts
- Consumer billing and follow up contact
- Payment plan monitoring services
- Letter campaigns
- Courtesy call campaigns
- Consumer satisfaction surveys
- Skip tracing programs
- Clean-up programs
- Debt set off programs for municipal utilities
- Credit bureau reporting
- Trigger reporting through the credit bureaus
- Settlement campaigns