The patient experience has become a forefront topic for executives in North Carolina hospitals. In this episode, John interviews Jeff Weegar, the Vice President of Financial Policy for the North Carolina Healthcare Association. They discuss:
- What has caused healthcare executives to shift their thinking this way.
- How the patient experience extends beyond the patient to family members and others.
- The critical aspects of patient experience and how healthcare must work even harder than a store or hotel.
- How John’s interaction with a front desk person soured what had been a great experience.
- What some providers are doing well — and not well.