Engage, Communicate, and Reach: Practical Tips for Patient Engagement
By: John Cook, Chief Client Officer, PRC, Inc.
Patient engagement is critical when creating a good patient experience. Here are some key points, short and sweet, to consider.
The Bottom Line
- Know what you want to accomplish in your patient encounter.
- Center on the resolution.
- Greeting: The critical piece and the first impression
- A comfortable setting
- Meet people where they are. Everyone is different.
- Listen: Build boundaries as necessary.
- Their responsibility
- Your responsibility
- Answer questions
- Provide options
- Give them hope
- There is a resolution
- The patient understands
- There is a level of trust
- You have provided an exceptional patient experience
Take a look at your own experience. Whom did you admire through an experience when you were the customer? Why? How did they “make a difference” for you? How can this help you today?