At Halloween, we celebrate tricks, treats, the spooky, and the macabre. While this is all in good fun, some collection agencies lean toward the trick side of things, all year long, in an effort to get your business.
While all agencies have access to the same types and levels of technology, not all agencies commit to using that technology for every client. Very few agencies apply all of their onsite resources and technology available to their smallest or least profitable clients. Some agencies may make promises and guarantees they can’t keep.
Some warning signs to watch for:
- Rates far lower than others
- Poor facilities
- High turnover among management or sales team members
- Inadequate technology
The collection industry often has a poor reputation. Mostly that is perception, but sometimes it isn’t, thanks to underhanded tactics or poor compliance investment by some collection agencies. Don’t go bobbing for bad apples.
Our team at Professional Recovery Consultants works hard to separate ourselves from this type of behavior. Here are the ways we work to do that every day:
- Total Transparency with our customers – Every client is provided with online access to their accounts 24/7.
- Focus on relationships – Customer service before the sale.
- Focus on Operational Realities – our salespeople are well versed in exactly how an excellent collections call center operation works.
- Longevity and stability of our management team with more than 120 years of industry experience with our top management team.
- Commitment to technology.
- Commitment to Compliance with PPMS, PCI, SOC II type 2, Audited financials, 100% call auditing via our CallMiner technology platform.
- Dedicated client services department – our goal is for you to very rarely, if ever, receive voicemail.
- A Consumer Help Desk – A non-collections team of staff members who are specifically trained to help consumers to fully understand how to interpret their delinquent bills and the collection process. Our helpdesk staff members are not collectors – they are consumer advocates.
- Laser focus on the ethical treatment of debtors, whom are our Client’s Customers! We utilize ACA’s Collector Pledge and required passing of ACA’s certified collector program. We utilize and grade all collectors with our Speech Analytics tool.
We hope your Halloween is full of treats, not tricks!